Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Enter Ubuntu!

Enter Ubuntu!First time I tried ubuntu, I was quite dissapointed. It offered ugly desktop environment and static system management. But after I tried the 6.06 LTS, the changes they made is quite wonderfull. More user friendly GNOME and administration steps that I finnaly understand.

So, I tried to install it on my notebook PC. Some problems occured... The system lockups at installation process. I think it is because there is not enough physical memory on my notebook.

Then I tried to create swap partition first, but the problem is still occured at the partitioning step. Finally I was able to solve this problem by running gparted first so the installer's partitioner program can be loaded to the memory first.

It takes about half an hour to finish the installation, and my Ubuntu is ready.

Here is my Notebook Ubuntu Laptop test result.

powered by performancing firefox



powered by performancing firefox

No comments:

Post a Comment